|Salmon Curry (Salmon Fish in Gravy)|
Quantity: Serves 2
- Salmon Fish: 2 Fillets cut in half
- Onions: 1 medium-sized (Chopped)
- Ginger Paste: 1 tea-spoon
- Garlic Paste: 1 tea-spoon
- Green Chillis: 2 (Finely chopped)
- Yogurt (Curd): 3 table-spoons
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 (Half a tea-spoon)
- Cumin Powder: 1/2 (Half a tea-spoon)
- Garam Masala: 1/2 (Half a tea-spoon)
- Paanch Foran: 1 pinch
- Black Pepper Powder: 1/2 (Half a tea-spoon)
- Potatoes (Optional): 1/2 (Half; Medium-Sized)
- Lemon Juice: 1 tea-spoon
- Salt: As per taste
- Cooking Oil: For frying
- Wash the Salmon fillets with water and add a pinch of turmeric powder, salt, black pepper powder and lemon juice. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat some cooking oil in a frying pan and fry both sides of the marinated Salmon pieces. Keep it aside on a plate.
- Next, fry the potatoes (optional) with a pinch of salt and turmeric. Keep it aside on a plate.
- Heat some cooking oil in a frying pan and add a pinch of Paanch Foran. When the Paanch Foran starts crackling (popping), add the chopped onions. Fry the onions until they turn light brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute well for 30 seconds.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, green chillies and salt and stir well for another 30 seconds. Make sure that the spices do not get burnt. If required, add a little water.
- Add the potatoes (optional) followed by yogurt (curd/dahi) and salt. Saute well for 30 seconds.
- Add Garam Masala and saute for another 10 seconds before adding water (as required) for the gravy.
- Cover the frying pan with a lid and let the contents boil for at least 1 minute.
- Next, add the Salmon pieces to the gravy and cook well for 30 seconds.
- Serve hot with rice or roti (chapati).